You don’t have to be vegetarian to eat vegetarian every once in a while. I think people get too caught up in either being a hardcore carnivore or completely plant based. I tried going vegan once. I actually enjoyed it until it came to the social aspect of going to a restaurant that had absolutely NO vegan options.
I went back to eating meat, but still didn’t feel it needed to be in every single meal I ate. Some of my meals have meat in them, sometimes my meals are vegetarian, and sometimes they’re completely plant based. It’s okay to be diverse with the type of food you eat.
Last week, I made some vegetarian/meatless tacos with my mom the day before my 21st birthday. They were incredibly easy to make which is great because I am no master chef, but they were so incredibly delicious! I felt like I just had to share the recipe with the world because I would take them over a regular taco any day.
So head to the kitchen and get ready to try something that’s super fun and delicious!
- 1 Avocado
- 1/3 cup of Salsa
- Half of a lime
- 3 cups of shredded cabbage
- 1/2 can of corn
- 1 can of garbanzo beans
- 2 green onions
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 tbsp of Hot N Spicy taco seasoning
- Shredded Cheese (optional)
- Wheat Tortillas
- Slice your 2 green onions into small pieces so that you’ll be able to sprinkle them on top of your tacos at the end.
- Slice & peel your avocado to put into the mix.
- Cut your lime in half. Save the one half for another future meal because we’ll only need one half for our taco mix!
- Mash your avocado, salsa, and lime juice into a bowl.
- Add in your salt, pepper, and taco seasoning, and stir it all up until ingredients are mixed.
- Add in your corn and garbanzo beans. A full can of garbanzo beans will appear to be too much when poured in so make sure you stir it all up so that the garbanzo beans and corn are distributed nicely around the mix. The corn and garbanzo beans add some texture to the mix so that it doesn’t taste like mush.
- Scoop up some of the mix and place it into your wheat tortilla. A little mix goes a long way!
- Add your cabbage, shredded cheese (optional), and green onions on top of the mix.
- Eat and enjoy!
I hope you guys enjoy these delicious tacos as much as I did! If you’d like to see me make the tacos and describe the steps in detail, check out the video below and feel free to subscribe to my Youtube channel for more cooking, fitness, lifestyle, and martial arts videos!